Thursday, September 17, 2015

Again With The Hitler Covers?

Earlier this week I designated a certain comic as having the second best use of Hitler on a comic book cover.

Of course, this was the first best:

Well, a couple of my readers have now been bugging me to present the third-best Hitler cover ever.

Do you guys no how many Hitler covers there are? Answer: A LOT. Like I have time to sort through them all, and rank them, and...

Oh, what the hell. Here, in all its glory, is the third-best use of Hitler on a comic book cover:

A) Bonus point for the rare (for the era) non-offensive Hirohito.

B) Poor Mussolini is thinking, "What, am I chopped liver? What do I have to do to get on a cover?!?"

C) Ummm...whose belt is Freddy using?

Master Comics #29 is from 1942, cover pencils and inks by Mac Raboy.

2 comments:

Green Luthor said...

Oooh... good choice. Can't argue against that one.

So what about the fourth... okay, I'll stop now. :)

Oc said...

Freddy's not doing anything, snell, Captain Marvel Jr. is. So that must make it... Freddy's belt!