Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Night Fights--Double Uppercut Style!!

It's Friday Night Fights time, and, well...

OK, OK; let's not beat around the bush. If you've been hanging around here all week, you know I've been wallowing in Lee/Ditko Spider-Man for the past few days. So let's see if I can get that out of my system, shall we?

In his first appearance (in Amazing Spider-Man #2), the Vulture is beaten when Peter Parker invents a "magnetic inverter" that depowers Toomes' flying suit. Well, of course, the Vulture breaks out of prison, and goes for revenge against Spider-Man. But he takes the time to upgrade his suit...something Spidey doesn't plan for. And so...






BAMMM!!!!!!!


And when you get nailed in mid-air, well, it isn't fun...





And that was the death of Spider-Man. Don't worry, kids, he was soon replaced by a clone, and then Mephisto changed history so it was the other Spider-clone who died, and then...what?

Spacebooger informs me that I'm really screwing up my Spider continuity...

Spider-Man learns that you can't rely on the same trick twice in Amazing Spider-Man #7 (1963), said lesson delivered by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko.

Now is the time for you to go and vote, and by voting I mean vote for me. Why? Because my fragile self-esteem requires the validation of others, that's why!! So go and vote!!

No comments: