Wednesday, November 24, 2010

More Proof I Should Have Been Born Decades Earlier

Doo doo dee...whatever shall I do today?

A new toy? Great!!

Just one dollar?!? I'm so down with that! But please...tell me more!

Hey, I LOVE sensational values!!

Goggles?? Man, this is sounding better and better!!

Head bands?? A rubber covered fabric face?? This is getting more and more intriguing!! Tell me more!

Wait--air intake and exhaust valves? What the...???

Whoa...fun AND useful?? Forget my previous questions. I want one...NOW!!

Uh...by the way...what is it??

What.

The.

Hell.

Yes, in 1946 this outfit was selling ACTUAL army surplus gas masks...as children's toys.

Damn, for the first time in my life, I am so jealous of the toys my parents had available to them...

Ad from Clue Comics #10 (1946).

3 comments:

Michael May said...

I love how it's a "Genuine OCD Toy."

Eyz said...

Awesome XD

times sure were different!

Siskoid said...

Are you my mummy?