Thursday, May 13, 2010

Avengerspalooza #1--I Guess Tigra Didn't Get The Memo

For this and all posts today, SPOILER ALERT for Siege and the 95 Avengers titles released Wednesday...SPOILERS start after the Avengers logo...


Welcome to the Heroic Age--after Osborn's been put down, and the Hood has been captured:


Yes, "we're so popular I could kill you right now and no one would punish us, and hell they'd probably help me" is the epitome of heroic, ain't it?? That code is precisely what the Heroic Age is all about, eh, Joe Quesada?

Off to a grand start there, Marvel.

From Avengers Initiative #35.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll grant you the points that proceed this one but I think you're being VERY unreasonable. Penalizing Tigra for threats against a man who brutally beat her and recorded it is pretty flimsy. And in the end she DOES do the heroic thing and let him be jailed away from loved ones instead of beating him. She makes the heroic choice. She blusters a bit but come one. She never does ANYTHING to him.

snell said...

"She never does ANYTHING to him?" Tigra smacks around a powerless man who is completely bound, drawing blood. Beating a helpless prisoner isn't heroic in my book, whether she has justifiable motive or not. And yeah, making him think she's going to kill him, and then tormenting him with his loss of family, that's hardly heroic, either.

I'm not the one who billed this the Heroic Age, or put Tigra on the cover literally waving the Avengers flag. He behavior fit neither, is all I'm sayin'...

Warren JB said...

Six years late, but I feel strongly compelled to say that this exactly the kind of vindictive, self-righteous (but not self-aware), psychotic bull that made me run away from modern superhero comics. Well-called, Snell.