Sunday, April 25, 2010

No Wonder The Russians Beat Us With Sputnik!

Ladies and gentlemen: the uncanny wonders of Silver Age DC Science:


Woo hoo!!

Now, such a complex scientific explanation was required to explain this cover:

And yes, for once it is actually an accurate DC Silver Age cover.

The full explanation? Well, it involved Krypto, super-ventriloquism, Lois Lane being the first "girl" to orbit the Earth in a space capsule, archeological fraud on Crete, the Superman Revenge Squad, Proty II, and Saturn Woman (no, not Saturn Girl, but Imra as an adult)!! A story so marvelously complex and dingbatty that it took 3 pages of expository flashbacks at the end to explain what the hell had been going on!!

Ye Gods, I loves me some Silver Age...

1 comment:

Menshevik said...

It's the science teachers of the era I pity...

"No, Jimmy, I told you once, I'll tell you a million times: there's no north and south pole in gravity. Or thermodynamics, for that matter."