Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Well, We Can't Do THAT Bit Any Longer

Well, it seems Mark Millar just had a brush with a nasty medical condition, and he's having to take some time off.

So for the time being, any comments about the lateness of Fantastic Four or any of his other books are tabled. Slay Monstrobot (and all our readers, I'm sure) wish you a speedy recovery, Mr. Millar.

However, I'm still allowed to think his FF plots are terrible and that he has no idea how to write Doctor Doom.

And I can't help but notice, despite his "itsy-bitsy, near-fatal episode," Millar still has the strength in the article to relentlessly promote his movie projects, and somehow finagled the reporter or editor to refer to him as a "genius" in the sub-headline. Even on death's door, Mark Millar is an unparalleled hype machine!! Keep on keeping on, Mark.

2 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Well said, as always. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery by Mr Millar!

Anonymous said...

Azathioprine suppresses the immune system. (Chron's involves the immune system mistaking food in your digestive track as an invader. The result could be that what should...how can I put it..go through the exit could end up going into your body instead if the small intestine is damaged enough.) My doctor put me on the same stuff, since I had a bad reaction to what he usually prescribes. (Pentesa made me nauseous and bloated.) I haven't taken it, since working in the public sector I'm a little concerned about suppressing my immunity when I'm exposed to so many sick people(Not as much as a hospital or a doctor's office, but still...), and I get sick enough as it is between colds and sinus infections. Now a new worry, even if it doesn't mean it would necessarily affect me the same way.

I hope he gets back on his feet soon.