Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Apologize For This In Advance

Sometimes my brain is one weird mo fo.

Weird, but brilliant, as I have stumbled upon a multi-billion dollar idea, if only DC will listen to me.

So yesterday I'm at my fine local comic shop, and I happen to glance over at the markdown bin. The comic that caught my eye was this...

I've never read a G.I. Joe comic......but the side of the bin covered most of the cover, so all that was visible was this portion...

I've never seen the cartoon, eitherNow, maybe it's because of the deep green background, maybe it was due to the fact that I had a cold coming on and was hopped up on goofballs, or maybe I'm just insane. But what my brain thought it saw, for just a second, was this:

So I can't draw a straight line...I'm sick, gimme a break!That's right: G.L. Joes!! The infantry troops of from Oa!! What a brilliant concept!!

Just picture this:

Much better than 'Color Wars'Winnage!!

And whom would the G.L. Joes fight?

Really, I do apologizeWhy, Sindestro, of course....

So DC, start saving your shekels!! When the G.I. Joe rights come up for bid again, you can snatch them up, and make roughly one gazillion dollars on comics, toys, cartoons, t-shirts...and I ask only a small consulting percentage for giving you the idea for THE G.L. JOES!!!

snell has a really really bad cold, and obviously isn't thinking clearly. On his behalf, the editors sooooooo apologize.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, if Marvel had had the Joe license at the time, it could have made an interesting story for an Access story.

Anonymous said...

I settle for even a throwaway joke with new GL recruits..

That's really very good.