Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Born in Arizona?!?

From DC's February solicits:

If ever a batman story called for a hawkman crossover...BATMAN CONFIDENTIAL #26 Written by Christina Weir & Nunzio DeFilippis Art and cover by Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez & Kevin Nowlan From the late ’60s Batman TV show comes King Tut making his first comic-book appearance in Gotham City ever in part 1 of a 3-part arc! A trail of murders involving museum executives and the mysterious riddles left behind lead Batman to suspect an old foe is back at work. But the Riddler is safely locked up – and not too happy that someone has stolen his M.O.! On sale February 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Do you know how happy this makes me? I'm thinking it'll go a little something like this:

5 comments:

De said...

Never thought I'd ever pick up Batman Confidential, but now I have a reason. Hope there's some nice, goofy museum crime and not gritty murder crap.

snell said...

It's hard to believe that in 40 years no one tried to use him...

De said...

Next up Egg Head and the Lilac!

Sina said...

Good lord, Uncle Miltie as "Louie, aka: The Lilac"? I am *AGOG*!

:O

How, where, when, *WHY* did I miss that!??!!?!?

Seriously, a Google search for "Batman the Lilac" after reading this particular post was the first I've ever seen of Milton Berle as one of the Batman 60's series' villains, and my overall understanding and comprehension of that series as a whole now stands in a completely radical new light...and for the better.

Whereas before I had regarded the series as a bunch of A-listers slumming with a handful of B-listers, while veering dangerously close to becoming B-listers themselves in the process (after all, when you pee into the abyss, etc and et al) on a throwaway series that had camp and kitch value but nothing more, now all of the names and stars from that series stand in starkingly high relief as a veritable icon of classic TV and comedy...and they and their characters should definitely all be revisited and revived for permanent placement within the larger Bat-o-sphere(TM) of the comics!

Again, how did I miss this? And I am *still* agog :D

Sina said...

PS: "He's my favourite honky"?

Lol...damn, son, how words change their meaning and usage over the years (remember when Elvis used to be billed as "The Hillbilly Cat"?)