Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Nerd Alert

Too busy to do a real post today, because I'm wallowing in Star Trek comics.

Yup, the GitCorp DVD-ROM with EVERY STAR TREK COMIC EVER showed up today (OK, they don't have the X-Men Star Trek crossover. Trust me...you're better off). And when you combine Star Trek with comics, well, it's nerdvana. Check out the table of contents.

That's a lotta Trek...And just to prove they have everything:

Dammit, now I have to hunt down the recordToo bad the soundtrack isn't included. But inside, a moment that makes my skin tingle:

Did you just call me stupid?John Buscema draws Kirk, Conan, and Gandalf...(there are no credits, and all I can find online is that the "writers" are Cary Bates and Neal Adams, and Neal obviously did the cover...but that's gotta be Johhny B on the artwork, right?

One odd moment:

And you guys thought Vixen had it bad...Uhura, you've become white and blond! (If it helps, they made Sulu black...) And what is up with those tights??

3 comments:

De said...

Are you sure "Uhura" isn't wearing pants?

And there has to be a story behind the ethnic changes. Even the Gold Key comics got that right.

googum said...

Holy...! I've had the record since I was a kid, but never the comic! You can get the soundtrack from Power Records Plaza, though. Neat!

Anonymous said...

I had the "Crier in the Enterprise" where the crew deals with a being of pure sound. It's actually a pretty good Star Trek story, although I don't understand Uhura and Sulu's race changes, either. They also replaced Checkov with with some other guy named Connors, although I can't pin down his accent.