Monday, October 8, 2007

What The F#$%^--Count Vertigo

I've been working my way through the original run of Suicide Squad the past couple of weeks, and that's brought to mind a serious question I've always meant to ask:


Count Vertigo??

Let me get this straight: You've got a dude named Count Werner Vertigo. And he just happens to have a hereditary inner ear defect that effects his balance. And his name is Vertigo. And he develops the power to cause vertigo in others.

And his name is Vertigo.

Guess he never saw that one coming, huh? Him and Lou Gehrig.

So, what creative genius foisted this upon us? I oughtta---

Oh, wait, it was Bob Haney. That explains everything, doesn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And justifies EVERYTHING.

Haney is kinda immune to all logic.

Unknown said...

I know this is way after this was posted but...
this is'nt the first time this happend.
Rino's familly name is O'hern...Black hands familly name is well...Hand....And I bet you can find more...
But still... HIS NAME IS VERTIGO?!

Unknown said...

Well if he has a *hereditary* inner ear defect that affects his balance then perhaps one of his ancestors changed their name to Vertigo for that very reason. The way bakers were called Baker and lazy people were called Dolittle and old people were called Grey. 'You can tell we're from that particular family because we all fall over a lot.'